Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mini Chipotle Turkey Meatloaves

These are just delightful!! They have really nice flavor and are individually portioned, which is great for dieting or just monitoring your intake! I hope you like them as much as I did!

Ingredients:
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
2 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo sauce, more if you want it extra spicy)
1 (20-ounce) package ground turkey
1/2 cup plain oatmeal
2 eggs
Topping:
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon chipotle pepper adobo sauce (from canned peppers used in meatloaf)
1 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Finely chop all your veggies and put them into a large bowl. Add chipotle peppers, the ground turkey, eggs and oats; gently mix until combined. Place about 1/3 cup of the prepared meat loaf mixture into the wells of a standard size muffin pan that has been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all of the topping ingredients in a small bowl; set aside. Remove meat loaves from oven and spoon the topping over each meat loaf. Return meat loaf to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until meat loaf is firm and the internal temperature registers 170°F. Let meat loaf stand for 5 minutes before serving. Makes about 12 mini loaves.

2 comments:

  1. Hope it's not creepy that I don't know you. I know Megan and I can always use new recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha Not creepy at all!! I was pleasently surprised to see that someone that I didn't know(I'd thought anyway) would follow my blog! Hope you enjoy the recipes!

    ReplyDelete