Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bleu Cheese Bacon Burger

I made these for myself all the time when I was on Atkins, its very low carbohydrate friendly. If you want to carb it up, add some buns!

Ingredients:
This is sort of a just piece it together recipe, there aren't any real measurements.
Ground Beef
Bacon, cooked & crumbled
Crumbled blue cheese

Directions:
1. Divide your ground beef(if you're using 1 lb, it can make 4 burgers) and roll it into balls. Flatten the balls as thin as you can without tearing the middle.
2. In the middle of every other burger patty, put as much bacon and blue cheese as your heart desires(or as much as the patties will hold). Take an "empty" patty & place it on top of the filled patty. Seal the edges.
**It is easiest to do all this when the meat is really cold. If it gets too warm, go ahead & put it in the fridge or freezer to chill so it is easier to work with.
3. I took the easy way out & I toss the burgers in my George Foreman grill but I suppose you could pan fry or grill them. Whatever makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment