Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Green Chile Chicken

yes, it has been FAR too long since I've posted anything. For those of you that don't know, my husband left June 14th for Sheppard AFB in Texas until AT LEAST Sept 21. Then he has phase 2 of his training and we don't know where that will be, but it won't be with me :( THEN there is phase 3. That is at least in Tacoma, which is about an hour away(with out traffic) so he will be a weekend commuter.

So since it is just me, I haven't been cooking because cooking for 1 is really hard. Unless you want to eat the same thing for lunch & dinner for the week which sometimes I don't mind. However, my great friends The McClintock's let me do laundry at their house(yep, our new tiny apartment doesn't have a washer or a dryer...LAME!) so I decided to surprise them with a nice, healthy flavorful dinner and this is what I came up with!

Green Chile Chicken
serves 4




Ingredients:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 lime
1 can whole green chiles
4 slices mozzarella cheese(or you can use shredded, the slices are just easy for portion control)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 400
2. Place your chicken breasts in a baking dish and squeeze the lime juice over the chicken
3. Evenly sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken breasts
4. Take your chiles and open them so that they lay flat, "butterfly" them if you will. Cover each chicken breast with a chile(YUM!)
5. Bake at 400 for 30 min then take them out of the oven, take a slice of mozzarella and lay it over your chile covered chicken and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted.

I served this with some black beans and some Spanish style rice! Ryan and Heather both loved it!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, this looks good! But what's that portion control thing you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. instead of just taking handful of shredded cheese and tossing it on the chicken(since most people don't measure it out) I know exactly how many calories I'm getting from that one slice of cheese!

    ReplyDelete