Saturday, January 2, 2010

Baja Style Fish Tacos

This is my favorite homemade fish taco recipe. The secret is in the sauce! It is cool and creamy but has a nice kick! YUMMY! This is usually a summer time recipe so it uses a lot of shortcuts(prepackaged ingredients).

Ingredients:
1 bag shredded cabbage
1 12oz bag corn tortillas
1 box beer battered fish tenders

For the sauce:
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper

Directions
1. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and put it in the fridge to get nice & cold and also to let the flavors combine. **I wear rubber gloves when I handle the jalapenos because if you get the oil under your nails & then rub your eye it is MURDER so please use caution!!**
2. Bake the fish according to the package directions. I usually go a couple minutes longer to make them nice & crispy.
3. I like to steam my tortillas so they are more pliable, you can do this with a steamer basket or even easier in the microwave. Just wrap them in a damp paper towel & zap them for 15 seconds or so.
4. Assemble your taco! This is how I put mine together: Tortilla, cabbage, fish(I use 2 per taco), sauce. And of course you can add diced tomatoes, onions, avocado slices, whatever your heart desires!

These are the tenders I use:

No comments:

Post a Comment